The easy and quick falafel recipe, for lazy evenings
Hailing from the Near East, these fried chickpea dumplings will save your dinner, since they can be cooked and cooked in 30 minutes flat.
There are evenings like that, where you don’t necessarily want to cook, but you don’t have the budget to order yet another burger and fries either. Rather than lamenting at your half-empty fridge and wondering if you’re going to eat buttery pasta again for the third time this week, we have the solution: homemade falafel.
We promise, to make these chickpea balls to die for, you will only need a few ingredients present in your cupboards and your refrigerator, and will be ready to be enjoyed in 30 minutes.
Read also: The easy recipe for cold zucchini and feta soup, for lazy evenings
Ingredients to make the falafels (for 4 people)
- 400 g cooked and drained chickpeas (canned will do just fine)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- ¼ bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ bunch of chopped fresh cilantro
- Spices according to your tastes: cumin, turmeric, sweet pepper…
- A pinch of salt
- Pepper according to your taste
- Sunflower oil (or another neutral oil that supports cooking well)
Preparing the falafel
- In a bowl, place the chickpeas, flour, garlic and spices. Using a fork (or a masher), mash everything to obtain a consistency not too fine. It is better to avoid the blender so as not to have a too sticky preparation.
- With your hands (which you can sprinkle with flour to prevent them from sticking), then form balls about 5 cm in diameter. You can add flour to the mixture if it sticks too much.
- In a very hot frying pan, pour the oil. Add the meatballs and brown them all over for about 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove excess oil by placing them on absorbent paper.
Delicious hot or cold, accompanied by a green salad, these falafels can be garnished with a vegetarian Greek yogurt sauce with a little lemon juice, salt, olive oil, tahini (paste sesame) and garlic. You can also enjoy them as an aperitif or in a sandwich.
Enjoy your food !
Do you like our items ? You will love our newsletters! Subscribe for free on this page.