Saint Gaudens. Cook me the Comminges: the “small” products of the territory in the great dishes of the chefs
10 days before the final of the 1st edition of the “Cuisine-moi le Comminges!” competition, we now know the names of the young finalists and the composition of the jury.
The objective is clear: to highlight the products and know-how of Comminges. Cuisine-mois le Comminges was born from an equally very clear reflection: “We have the products, we have the chefs – or future chefs – and we like to eat”.
So at the table!
Open to all, the competition promotes the gastronomy of this entire territory which extends from the south of Toulouse to the Spanish border, passing through the Garonne valley and the Pyrenean massif.
through new culinary proposals, all the sectors and actors linked to this territory will be part of the celebration: chefs, commercial and collective catering professionals, artisans in the food trades, farmers, producers, market gardeners, breeders, etc.
Three categories compete in this competition: the pros, the general public and young learners.
Next Wednesday (May 24), 4 young people from Comminge will come to present their recipes (starter or dessert) at the Lycée Professionnel Hôtelier Sainte-Thérèse in Saint-Gaudens (31).
– Andy Rueff – 1st year apprentice – CFA du Comminges (Gourdan-Polignan) – Restaurant Le Castille (Cazères)
– Laurent Dhers – Final student BAC Pro Restaurant – Professional Hotel High School Sainte-Thérèse (Saint-Gaudens).
– Virginie Thuillier – Greta (Saint-Gaudens) – Hotel Restaurant du Lac (Boussens)
– Melvin Bouillon-Valentin and Dario Vieillard – Final students of the BAC Pro Cuisine – Professional Hotel High School Sainte-Thérèse (Saint-Gaudens).
On the jury side, this 100% local competition will be co-chaired by the President of the Occitanie Region Carole Delga, epicurean and Commingeoise, and by Chef Florent Cluzel of the Maison Castet restaurant in Martres-Tolosane (winner of the 2022 Lucien Vanel Prize).
The jury is made up of:
– Olivier Verheecke – Head Chef – Association Bons Matins-Faims d’Aprem – Restaurant L’Etang d’Ô (Villemur sur Tarn)
– Gisèle Costes – Chancellor of the Tasto Mounjetos du Comminges (Saint-Gaudens).
– Juan Ignacio de Benedetto – Head Chef – Restaurant El Almacen (Cirès).
– Maïté Galindo – Epicurean – Blog Maïté-Infos .
– Bertrand Henry – Winemaker – Domaine de Cadeillac (Lavelanet de Comminges).
– Guy Pressenda – President of the Lucien Vanel Prize and President of Toulouse à Table.
– Florence Oustau – OMG Vegetarian and Antigaspi Cooking Consultant Chef Trainer (Toulouse).
– Nadau – Singer artist
– Loïc Gojard – Departmental Councilor of Haute-Garonne
– Dominique Bouchait – Best Cheesemaker in France – Les Fromagers du Montroyal (Montréjeau).