Sebastian’s recipe in the anime!
If you like the anime version of the Kuroshitsuji manga, you’ve definitely seen Sebastian’s curry buns. Here is his recipe.
After the Coke recipe in Dr Stone, we go back to anime recipes. And now, here is Sebastian’s famous recipe for curry breads in the manga Kuroshitsuji, aka Black Butler. This recipe for curry buns is actually a typical Japanese recipe. It was therefore included in the season 1, episode 15 from the animated series. These are the curry breads that Sebastian prepares in competition with Agni.
Ingredients for Sebastian’s curry breads for 2 people
- A carrot.
- about five mushrooms.
- A onion.
- A potato.
- 200g of meat beef or chicken. You need chunks, not mince. The recipe can also be made with fish or with imitation meat for vegetarians. This will lend itself better to preparation than a vegetable.
- two cloves ofgarlic.
- Two tablespoons of curry Japanese or Indian, according to your tastes.
- Of oil of olives.
- A pinch of pepper and a pinch of salt.
- A tablespoon of Tomato concentrate.
- Two glasses of flour.
- A teaspoon of sugar.
- Bread crumbs or breadcrumbs.
- Two eggs.
- A bag of yeast.
- Of the water.
- A cube of broth beef, chicken or vegetable.
- Of chocolate black or cooking chocolate.
SEE ALSO: Japanese recipe: How to prepare a real miso soup?
Black Butler: Preparation of paste and curry
- We will start by doing dough for bread. In a bowl, put the yeast with half a glass of hot water and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Coarsely add your flour, sugar, salt and add half a cup of hot water. Stir.
- Then add the egg and the oil and mix again.
- If the dough is too runny, add a little flour. Cover the bowl with a dry cloth and let the dough rest and rise for two hours in a dry place. For example, in a closed, cold oven.
- And that’s it for the bread dough in this recipe! Afterwards, we attack the curry ! Peel the onion, carrot and potato. Same for garlic.
- Cut the onion, mushrooms, garlic, carrot and potato into very small cubes. You can also add ginger.
- Take a saucepan to cook the carrot and the potato by boiling them with the stock cube.
- In a wok, or a lightly oiled skillet, brown your onions and garlic. Add your meat a little before both are browned.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the tomato puree and the curry and stir well to impregnate the food. Add curry as needed, according to your taste.
- Add over high heat a cup of the broth used to cook the carrot and potato.
- Add mushrooms, potato and carrot. Mix well so that the pieces bind together, add broth if necessary.
- Put the chocolate in addition, a little salt and a little pepper. Mix well. Turn off the heat and leave for another 5 minutes before allowing to cool off the heat.
- And that’s it for the curry!
SEE ALSO: Recipe: How to cook a good coconut curry chicken?
Sebastian’s curry bread recipe
To make Sebastian’s curry buns, it’s very simple. You have done the hardest part.
- Check well the dough has risen before forming balls to make bread. To do this, cut several quarters of the dough directly into the bowl. For each quarter, form balls on your work surface with the plan and floured hands.
- Put a large saucepan with oil to boil for the frying.
- Then, rework the dough of each ball to form a disc.
- Place a small amount of curry in the middle of the disk.
- Close the disc by pulling the round edges towards the middle. Form a ball like this. It must be airtight.
- Dip the curry filled balls in a bowl with an egg yolk.
- Then, dip them in a bowl with the breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs.
- Fry and it’s ready!
Video: Sebastian’s Curry Bread Recipe
Here is the recipe that inspired us. Note that it is not exactly the same as ours. We have replaced some ingredients for adapt it to Mr. and Mrs. everyone who would live in the West.